This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data Master Chemical Europe Ltd T/A Master Fluid Solutions collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This may arise from you filling in forms, corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you complete the account application form, when you change/update your personal details, the information you give us may include your name, e-mail address and phone number
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer your account application;
- for the provision of services requested;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- in-house research and statistical analysis
Basis on which we process the information
we process this information using the legitimate Interest Basis, to derive this categorisation we have
- Considered how we use individuals’ data in ways they would reasonably expect.
- Assessed our responsibility to protect the individual’s interests.
- Identified the relevant legitimate interests.
- Checked that the processing is necessary and there is no less intrusive way to achieve the same result.
- Assessed that we are not using people’s data in ways they would find intrusive or which could cause them harm.
- Considered safeguards to reduce the impact where possible.
- Considered whether we can offer an opt out.
Disclosure of your information
- We will not sell, distribute of lease your personal information unless we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Master Chemical Europe Ltd T/A Master Fluid Solutions, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group companies. Information may be transferred internationally to the USA and other countries around the world, including countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK. We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Master Chemical Europe Ltd T/A Master Fluid Solutions
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to us. Master Chemical Europe Ltd T/A Master Fluid Solutions, 33 Maitland Road, Lion Barn Industrial Estate, Needham Market, IP6 8NZ or Phone 01449 726800
Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How long we keep your information
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed.
How to complain
We hope that Master Chemical Europe Ltd T/A Master Fluid Solutions can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If not, contact the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113 for further information about your rights and how to make a formal complaint.