Cutting & Grinding Fluid Additives
As cutting and grinding fluids can start to break down over time, tankside additives can solve a number of problems. There are TRIM® tankside additives compatible with most coolants to extend tap and tool life, improve mechanical lubricity, control built-up edge, prevent stained parts, control foam, stabilize the emulsion, and replenish dye.
Whatever your problems and concerns, ask your TRIM specialist if a tank-side additive could be the answer.
Number of products in category is 2
TRIM® TC 155
Nonferrous Corrosion Inhibitor
TRIM® TC 155 is a nonferrous corrosion inhibitor for use in water soluble and straight oil systems. It is particularly effective in preventing staining and white rust on die cast alloys containing copper.
TRIM® TC 239
TRIM® TC 239 is a paintable, platable additive used to control foam in metalworking fluids and parts washing systems.
- Start by adding 2 ounces of TC 239 per 100 gallons of solution to lower foam. You may find that using less than this will be effective in your system
- Shake or stir well before adding. For best results, premix TC 239 with working solution until it is water-thin. This mixture should be added just up-stream from the foam
- The maximum amount of TC 239 in the system should not exceed 16 ounces per one hundred gallons of metalworking fluid. Using too much TC 239 can cause foam and/or form a residue on the machine, parts, or tools
- Spraying premixed TC 239 directly onto the foam will also knock it down quickly
- Do not freeze or store above 115°F